10 Things A College Station Home Seller Can Do To Make Their Home Remembered by Buyers
A Buyer looking to make a purchase in the Bryan-College Station area will be given many house options that meet their basic individual search guidlines. When a buyer starts to look at homes for sale, they tend to get homes confused and it is easy for them to forget what they have seen.
When I show property to a prospective buyer, I recommend that they compare the 1st house they see to the second and then do their best to rank the two and, if possible, eliminate one. This way, when they are finished with the day's home viewing, they clearly have one or two homes that stand out above the rest.
Below, I put together a list of 10 suggestions you can use to help your home be one that stands out in a postive light in the minds of perspective buyers who view it. If your home remains memorable, and positively appealing, it is likely to sell quicker than its competition.
- Keep all blinds at the back of the home open to let in as much natural light as possible
- Have all lights in the home turned on
- Keep all countertops and dressers clean and neat
- Make sure all toilet lids are down, and there is no visible trash in the trash can
- Keep your yard well manicured. Make sure your flower beds have mulch and are weed free. Add fresh flowers to the exterior front of the home and cut flowers to the kitchen and bathrooms
- Make sure there is no dust on your base boards, return air vent, blinds or ceiling fans. Have the carpet professionally cleaned and keep as many things off the floor as possible
- Keep the tempature of the home to a comfortable level: In the summer around 74 and in the winter around 78
- Have the Master Bedroom Closet as organized as possible
- Have the same soft music playing in the kitchen, living area, and master bedroom. If you do not have surround sound or speakers in the home, just have the radio on or a CD playing in the CD player
- Provide Bottled Water and cookies to guests who view the property. Leave the bottles in a large bowl filled with ice on the kitchen counter and the cookies on a plate with a note that states: "Please Help yourself"
Happy Selling and Remember Call me at 979-218-2235 if you have any questions!
More Articles On Home Selling
Articles on Home Buying