Preparing Your College Station Home to Sell
So you have thought about selling your Bryan College Station home? When it is time to get started with the process, everyone knows that cleaning the home and repairing any obvious problems will help the showing appearance of your property. However, before you get carried away with any home repairs or changes, there are several key questions you should consider.
- Do these repairs need to be completed before a buyer will purchase this home?
- Will making repairs or changes effect the sales price of my home?
- With what it is going to cost me to make these changes/ repairs, Will I get back the money at closing that I am putting into the home?
Many times Sellers think they must make repairs to their property that will not increase the value of their home or shorten the active days on market that the property is listed for sale. Many times, the Seller would save time, inconvenience, and money by simply offering an allowance for the repair or update.
Typically, the new Buyer would rather make the repair or update themselves and get exactly what they want. This is one reason why it is important to visit with a Realtor before making any costly repairs or changes to your home. A good Real Estate Professional will know what changes need to be makde and what don't. They will also have seen your competition.
Below is a basic check-list of items to consider when preparing to place your home on . Completing this list is a good start to getting the home ready to be placed on the market.
- Empty all trash cans in the house.
- Clean off Counter tops in the bathrooms and kitchen.
- Dust all ceiling fans, return air vents blinds, and base boards.
- Use an acid based cleaner to remove stains from the driveway or garage floor.
- Test all gates, fences and latches and repair or replace any weakened areas.
- Remove any damaged window screens.
- Prune bushes and trees, remove any tree limbs that are touching the roof, and get rid of any dead shrubs, flowers or trees.
- Clean out the gutters.
- Move all garbage cans, extra building materials and gardening supplies that are in the yard into a garage or storage shed.
- Make sure the Yard and Flowerbeds have been weeded. Add fresh mulch to the flowerbeds and plant colorful mature flowers in the front of the home if you have room.
- Clean the porch, deck and patio of all small items and sweep all areas and walkways.
- Clean the fireplace and hearth.
- Check all light fixtures and replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Place all money, jewelry and other valuables (including guns) in a secure and out of sight location.
Remember, when a good Realtor views your home, they will look at the property through the "Eyes of the Buyer" and will be able to advise you on the important items that need to be taken care of. Call or email me if you have any questions. 979-218-2235 Thanks and Happy Selling!View Original Article From My BlogMore Articles on Home Selling